Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Africa fact of the day

Africa hosts 30% of the world’s total hydrocarbons and mineral reserves. It holds 12% of the world’s crude oil reserves, 42% of the world’s bauxite, 38% of uranium, 42% gold, 88% of diamonds, 44% of chromite, 82% of manganese, 95% vanadium, 55% of cobalt and 73% platinum.
This and more, especially the trend towards development of "resource corridors" (instead of projects that are confined to mineral exploitation) that develop infrastructure as well as domestic and regional markets for Africa's oil and mineral resources on PPP basis, from Beyondbrics here.  

No comments: